How do I provide my proof of insurance?

  • Updated

Your proof of insurance will have to show that it will cover any damages to property you cause with your vehicle while providing courier services.

In practice, this will most likely be Third Party Property or Comprehensive Vehicle insurance. As Compulsory Third Party (CTP, green slip) insurance only compensates people killed or injured by your motor vehicle, this coverage is inadequate to meet the Sherpa coverage requirements.  

Acceptable proof of insurance documents are:

  • Copy of your Third Party Property Vehicle insurance policy

  • Copy of your Comprehensive Vehicle insurance policy

  • Copy of your Public Liability insurance policy

  • If you lease or rent your vehicle, a copy of the rental agreement that states the insurance cover

  • If you use a vehicle that is not in your name and also not rented or leased, a copy of the vehicle's insurance policy that states that the vehicle is also insured in case of an accident if operated by people other than the primary policyholder.
Share this article

Was this article helpful?

Need some help?

Reach out to our support team today, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Get in touch