Sherpa deems an item 15 kilograms or over as a heavy item. If you're delivering a heavy item, you need to make sure you're doing so in a safe and proper manner to prevent injury.
To reduce your risk of injury, be sure to use a trolley to move heavy items. Also ensure you are practicing safe lifting techniques. Safe lifting practises include
- Not lifting heavier than within your fitness level
- Do not attempt to lift by bending forward
- Bend your hips and knees to squat down to your load, keep it close to your body, and straighten your legs to lift
- Never lift a heavy object above shoulder level
- Avoid turning or twisting your body while lifting or holding a heavy object
If you do not wish to complete ‘Heavy Item’ jobs, simply, deselect the option in the daily checklist or account preferences, and you will not be shown these jobs.